Battlefield 2042 is DICE’s classic first-person shooter. When EA released it on November 19, 2021, many of its players complained about their experience, which the game sometimes encountered, affecting their gameplay.
The oft-reported Persistence Data Loading Error is annoying many gamers on all platforms, prompting an emergency error message saying “data in progress cannot be saved without loading” to quit the concert.
The error stemmed from EA, the game’s publisher, who said they were working on a fix. Fortunately, Battlefield 2042 has some tools to handle the “unable to load persistent data” error; we’ll discuss them later.
What is persistence data Battlefield 2042?
Battlefield 2042 fast die data refers to information stored on the game server about your progress and changes. This data is stored on the Battlefield 2042 server, which you can play on any platform or platform, including your location, unlocked vehicles, and other games you play.
What Could Be The Cause of The “Cannot Upload a Persistent File” Error in Battlefield 2042?
A bad Internet connection and incorrect DNS settings usually cause the Battlefield 2042 “persistence Data Loading Error”.
Other causes of problems include game features, bad game cache, unsupported game server models, and temporary errors.
So, if you face this error, we will show you how to fix it, so keep reading.
How to Fix Battlefield 2042 Cannot Download Persistence Data Error
Here are some solutions you can try to fix the error and enjoy playing Persistence Data Loading Error:
- Use a VPN.
- Clear the download cache.
- Play a crossbow game.
- Change the DNS server.
Before trying the solutions above, try these simple solutions:
- Restart the game.
- Check the game’s distribution status on EA’s website or the 2042 Battlefield Twitter page.
- Log in to your EA account and log in again.
- Check your internet connection.
1. Use a VPN
Error 2024 on the battlefield, “cannot download streaming content,” can be solved by using a VPN because it allows you to bypass any zone or network restrictions. For example, if you connect to a VPN provider elsewhere, you can access gaming sites faster if they are blocked or slower in your area.
ExpressVPN is a useful VPN tool in this case, so try it to see if it solves the problem.
2. Clear the download cache.
If you’re a gamer on a PC platform, you can solve the problem by clearing the download cache on Steam. How to contact them:
1. Open your Steam client and go to the Steam tab in the top left corner.
2. On the left, go to Settings > Downloads.
3. Click AUTOLOAD CACHE SPRING, click OK to confirm, and wait for the job to complete.
4. Then restart the game and check if the error is fixed
3. Play a crossbow game
Crossplay is the only feature that will allow you to play Battlefield 2042 with players from other platforms. Enabling this feature will help fix this bug. How to play on PC/Xbox/PS4 or PS5:
Turn off cross-play on your computer
1. Access the Battlefield 2042 menu, click on Settings on the bottom left of the screen, and select General.
2. Go to the next section and shoot.
Disable cross-play with Xbox
1. Tap the Xboxicon on your console to open the.
2. Go to Settings > General > Internet and Family Security.
3. EnterXbox Privacy.
4. Check Features and select Change > Multiplayer Communication.
5. Now click Block at the bottom. You can participate in online games.
Turn off cross-play for PS4/PS5
1. Press the space button on your console.
2. .Go to the General.
3. Go to the other.
4. Find the Crossplay button and close it.
4. Change the DNS Server
A DNS server inconsistency could be the reason for the Battlefield 2042 game error. So you need to change your DNS server for PC/Xbox/PS4 or PS5 in the following steps:
Change the DNS server for your computer
1. Open the Control Panel on your computer.
2. Shift the concept from one category to another.
3. Go to Network & Internet > Network & Sharing Center > Change plug-in settings.
4. Right-click the active network and select Go to the Network tab, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), and click Properties.
5. Select the DNS server address option.
6. Set the desired DNS server and another DNS server to 8.8.8 and 188.8.131.52, respectively.
7. Click OK to save these changes.
Change the DNS server on the Xbox.
1. Press the Xbox icon on the controller to open the main screen and select Settings.
2. Open all settings and select Network.
3. Go to the Advanced Settings tab and select DNS Settings.
4. Select Registry from the menu and set the Primary DNS value to 8.8.8 and the Secondary DNS value to 184.108.40.206.
5. Save the changes and click Continue.
Change DNS server on PS4/PS
1. Tap the Settings button on your console and go to Settings.
2. See Network > Connection Status.
3. Verify the default values of the address subnet mask.
4. Switch back to the network settings tab and select Internet Connection. Select Custom > IP Address > Record.
5. On the connection screen that appears, enter the IP address, mask, and gateway. Set the primary and secondary DNS to 8.8.8 and 220.127.116.11 respectively.
6. Click on continue.
There you have it, some solutions to the “unable to load file in progress” error in Battlefield 2042. Enjoy the game.