While The Cities Skylines Black Screen has been a popular urban arcade game since its release, it has its fair share of problems, including early blackfaces, crashes, and more.
Also, if you don’t hear the sound on the black screen, press Alt+F4 to exit the screen, but the problem persists.
Why does a city skyline glow on a black screen?
Before we explain the solution to this problem, here are a few reasons why City Skyline won’t start with a black screen:
- Minimum System Requirements –If your computer doesn’t meet the minimum system requirements for the game, you may run into problems.
- Corrupted game files – City Skyline files on Steam are corrupt and that’s why you’re seeing a black screen.
- Graphics Driver –City Skies Black Screen Won’t Start? Maybe regular drivers are the reason.
- Full-Screen Settings Enabled –Sometimes, when full-screen settings are enabled, problems can arise in the game.
- Enabled on desktop – In some cases, it can be a black screen problem if some applications are running in the background.
However, if you are faced with an error message, here are some solutions that can help you get rid of the problem that continues to plague Cities Skylines.
However, we have solutions based on user experience from various forums that are 100% effective and solve the problem of black screen city skyline.
How to fix City Skylines’ black screen?
Below you can try to start with the first solution:
- This is the minimum requirement.
- Update the game.
- Play the game as a leader.
- Reduce the content.
- Lower the game graphics settings.
- Install the expected Windows updates.
If the above methods don’t work, we have a list of user-tested solutions that will help you solve the City Skyline black screen problem in the first place.
- Set boot options
- Turn off full-screen quality
- The driver’s photo has been edited
- Configure plugins
- Check and restore game information
1. Enter the initialization options
1. OpenSteam and go to the Library.
2. Then right-click City Skyline and select Properties.
3. In the Game Properties window, left-clickGeneral. Now go to boot options on the right and type -force-d3d9.
Once done, open Steam and try to launch the game. You shouldn’t see a black screen either.
2. Turn off full-screen optimization
1. Press the Win + E keys together to open File + Explorer. At this point, navigate to the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)PairSteamersSharedCities SkylinesBineriesWin64
2. Then right-click the City Skylines.exe file and click Properties.
3. In the Properties dialog box, go to the Discussions tab and check the option to turn off full-screen configuration. Use it and fix
3. Update the driver profile
Duration: 4 minutes
Race animation editing has proven to be the best solution to the worst gaming problems, and City Skyline is no exception:
1. Open the device controller: Press the Win+E key to open the Run Console. Now type devmgmt. Press Enter to open msc and device manager.
2. Replace the adapter driver: Then expand the Display adapter section, right-click the device, and select Driver Update.
3. Find available drivers: In the Driver Update window, click the Find Available Drivers button. Now wait for the latest version of Windows drivers to be downloaded and once that happens, the update will be automatically installed.
Now exit the device manager, restart your computer, and check that you see a black screen when loading City Skyline.
4. Turn Off Other Equipment
1. Open Par Client and click on the Library tab.
2. Now right-click on City Skyline and click on Properties.
3. In the next left window, click General and right-click the Enable Steam Overlay option.
Once you’ve done this, try restarting Cities Skyline and see if you have a black screen problem or if the game starts.
5. Check The Game Information And Restart
1. Open the client carefully and go to the library.
2. Now right-click on the game and select Properties.
3. Then click Local Data on the left and Certificate of Integrity on the right. Wait for this task to complete.
Now that you have verified the accuracy of the game data, try launching the game and see if the problem persists.
However, if you encounter a black screen and slider when trying to display the city skyline, you can change the overall hidden part in Display Options for AMD Radian.
For NVIDIA, change the subsection on the Desktop Scaling and Tasks page.
Alternatively, you can download and install Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime from an official website.
Additionally, you can visit the Microsoft website to download and install the latest version of DirectX, and see if it helps solve the Cities Skylines black screen problem.
In addition, you can press ALT + TAB to change settings and return to the running game.
This will change the display mode from full-screen mode to windowed mode and back to full-screen mode which can fix the black screen and the city skyline won’t start.